Welcome to the Industry Expert Consensus picks for Week 17 of the NFL season. As always, if you want to see how the experts performed last week check out my Week 16 Industry Expert Grading column and the Industry Expert Standings for all experts. The Consensus picks remain near the middle of the pack in the overall standings.
We have reached the final week of the regular season. It is the last chance for the experts to make their move in the overall standings. Unfortunately, not as many experts have picks up again this week due to the holidays. Below are the Industry Consensus picks based on 16 experts. Happy New Year!
As a reminder, the number in the parenthesis is the number of experts that chose that player so you have more context regarding the gaps between players and the tiers.
Here are the consensus plays for Week 17…
- Ben Roethlisberger (8) – Put up a dud last week, but look for a big bounce-back this week
- Matt Ryan (8) – Faces Saints defense that continues to give up big games to opposing QBs
- Eli Manning (7) – Faces Eagles team that is in disarray
- Ryan Fitzpatrick (5) – Has been consistent all season and the Jets need to win
- Cam Newton (4) – We’ll see how he responds to the Panthers first loss of the season last week
- Aaron Rodgers (3) – Has passed for less than 220 yards in 5 of his last 6 games
- Matthew Stafford (3) – Threw for 400+ yards and 4 TDs against the Bears earlier this season
- DeAngelo Williams (8) – Has scored 5 TDs over his last 3 games
- Devonta Freeman (7) – Matchup with the Saints could be the perfect finale for his breakout season
- Darren McFadden (5) – Faces Redskins team that is expected to rest their starters
- Adrian Peterson (4) – Has scored at least 1 TD against the Packers in 7 straight games
- Tim Hightower (4) – Getting a lot of touches and has a good matchup against the Falcons
- David Johnson (4) – Has 120+ total yards in each of his last 4 games
- Todd Gurley (4) – Watch the injury report, looking unlikely to play this week, Tre Mason could be a good, cheap pivot
- Rashad Jennings (3) – Averaging 19 touches per game over the last 3 games and faces an Eagles team that just fired their head coach and look like they have quit
- Bilal Powell (3) – Has been the better fantasy RB for the Jets over the last 4 weeks, but he might not play this week, watch the injury report
- Julio Jones (9) – Stud WR facing the Saints defense
- Odell Beckham Jr. (9) – Should come back with a vengeance after one game suspension
- Antonio Brown (8) – Put up a dud last week, it won’t happen again
- Martavis Bryant (6) – Very inconsistent this season, still a good GPP option
- DeAndre Hopkins (5) – He did pretty well with Brandon Weeden at QB last week and he gets Brian Hoyer back this week, which is an upgrade
- Brandin Cooks (5) – Coming off back-to-back games with 120+ yards and a TD
- Brandon Marshall (4) – Has scored at least 1 TD in 7 out of his last 8 games
- Michael Floyd (4) – Watch the injury report, he had 113 yards and 2 TDs against Seahawks earlier this season
- AJ Green (4) – Production has been limited with AJ McCarron at QB the last 2 weeks
- Jordan Matthews (3) – Had over 100 yards and TD each of the last 2 weeks.
- Eric Decker (3) – The cheaper Jets WR who has scored in 3 straight games
- Zach Ertz (9) – Has 30 targets and 21 catches over the last 2 weeks, should continue this week
- Travis Kelce (5) – Had 6 catches in each of the last 2 games and faces the Raiders who the experts like to pick on
- Greg Olsen (4) – Only averaging 6 targets per game over last 3 weeks
- Rob Gronkowski (4) – Hasn’t had a multiple TD game since Week 1
- Delanie Walker (4) – Consistent production all season long
- Benjamin Watson (3) – Limited last week, but should bounce back this week
- Gary Barnidge (3) – We’ll see if Austin Davis can also get him the ball
Hope you find the right combinations to cash in Week 17!