Back again for the 3rd edition of the Industry Expert Consensus. We have added the projected ownership numbers for Cash and GPP games, similar to how we did with MLB. Be sure to check out our NFL Expert Standings to see which experts are doing their jobs and which ones aren’t. Best of luck!
As a reminder, the number in the parenthesis is the number of experts that chose that player so you have more context regarding the gaps between players and the tiers.
- Marcus Mariota (10x) – 10% Cash / 8% GPP – Mariota provides a lot of value at a sub-$6K price point. He hasn’t really gotten things going with his legs yet either.
- Ryan Tannehill (9x) – 9% / 8% – I’ve never been a big proponent of Tannehill though he had a great game last week and gets a struggling Browns team at home.
- Andrew Luck (8x) – 8% / 8% – If Luck can stay upright, he’s a solid play most weeks. Gets a juicy matchup against the Chargers after a rough week in Denver last week.
- Philip Rivers (7x) – 7% / 8% – I love Philip Rivers. Not just this week but any week. Threw four TD passes in a blowout win against the Jags last week.
- Kirk Cousins (5x) – 5% / 5% – I’m staying away from Cousins. The Giants defense slowed Bress considerably last week so I don’t think Cousins fares any better.
- Cam Newton (5x) – 5% / 5% – He’s the highest priced QB on the board. He’s put up fantastic numbers through two weeks but the Vikings have a solid defense.
- Joe Flacco (5x) – 5% / 5% – Flacco found the endzone twice but also found the other team twice last week. He gets to face a Jags defense that was roasted by Rivers last Sunday.
- Aaron Rodgers (4x) – 4% / 4% – Rodgers will be looking to bounce back in a big way. He’s found the endzone with his legs in each of the first two weeks.
- Carson Palmer (4x) – 4% / 4% – I feel like Palmer goes underowned every week. He has five TD passes in two games.
- Melvin Gordon (16x) – 66% / 26% – Gordon has three TDs in two games and faces the worst run defense in the league. No surprise he’s picked this many times.
- DeAngelo Williams (11x) – 44% / 20% – Lit the world on fire in week one but came back to earth a bit last week. Still a very solid play though a bit pricey.
- Charles Sims (8x) – 32% / 17% – With Martin out, Sims will get the bulk of the carries.
- Theo Riddick (8x) – 32% / 17% – Not ready to trust Riddick against a pretty solid Green Bay run defense.
- David Johnson (6x) – 8% / 9% – Highest priced RB on the board on DK. Has yet to top the 100 yard mark.
- Ezekiel Elliott (4x) – 6% / 6% – Elliott hasn’t found a groove yet but he’s found the endzone in both games. He did fumble twice last week though his own team recovered one.
- Matt Forte (4x) – 6% / 6% – Forte is averaging 26 carries a game. Found paydirt three times last week.
- Fozzy Whitaker (4x) – 6% / 6% – With Stewart out, Whitaker is likely to split carries with Artis-Payne. He gained 100 yards on 16 carries last week.
- Shane Vereen (3x) – 5% / 5% – Vereen is cheap but I’m not sure I trust him enough to roster him.
- Jerick McKinnon (3x) – 5% / 5% – McKinnon should get the bulk of Peterson’s carries for the Vikes.
- Jay Ajayi (3x) – 5% / 5% – Ajayi will start with Arian Foster out of the lineup. Should see an increase in carries though not convinced that leads to production.
- Frank Gore (3x) – 5% / 5% – Gore faces a soft Chargers rush defense.
- DeMarco Murray (3x) – 5% / 5% – Murray is coming off a solid week. His ability to catch the ball out of the backfield is a differentiating factor.
- Antonio Brown (14x) – 55% / 28% – Has received 11 targets in both games so far. Always a safe play.
- Jarvis Landry (11x) – 52% / 25% – Caught 10 balls for 135 yards last week.
- Travis Benjamin (11x) – 52% / 25% – Brings a lot of value this week. Gates is out, meaning Benjamin should see an uptick in targets. He scored twice last Sunday.
- Stefon Diggs (10x) – 41% / 20% – Diggs has been a superstar the first two weeks. Can he continue that pace?
- Phillip Dorsett (9x) – 21% / 12% – Solid value play. Moncrief is out which adds to his value.
- Tajae Sharpe (8x) – 20% / 12% – His price keeps going up though still provides value at $4700. Should have a chance to light into a Raiders secondary that has been lit up.
- Cole Beasley (7x) – 18% / 13% – Beasley has become the favorite target of Dak Prescott. I love Beasley again this week.
- Mike Evans (5x) – 12% / 11% – The Rams defense was great last week. Evans has found the endzone in both games and had 17 targets last week.
- Tyrell Williams (4x) – 7% / 8% – Another beneficiary of a missing Antonio Gates this week.
- Larry Fitzgerald (4x) – 7% / 8% – He is ageless. Has three TD catches through the first two weeks.
- Amari Cooper (4x) – 7% / 8% – He’s yet to find the endzone but is putting up solid numbers.
- Dez Bryant (3x) – 5% / 7% – Dez and Dak got on the same page last week. Could put up big numbers against the Bears.
- Tyler Lockett (3x) – 5% / 7% – The Seahawks offense has struuuuuugled through the first two games.
- Marvin Jones, Jr (3x) – 5% / 7% – Has double-digit targets in both games. Has found a groove so far with Stafford.
- Allen Robinson (3x) – 5% / 7% – Has yet to flash his dominance that he displayed last season.
- TY Hilton (3x) – 5% / 7% – With Moncrief out, Hilton has a chance to put up big numbers.
- Kenny Britt (3x) – 5% / 7% – Good value at a sub-$4K price point.
- Dennis Pitta (14x) – 26% / 14% – Caught nine balls on 12 targets last week. Should provide solid value at the TE position.
- Jordan Reed (8x) – 10% / 9% – He’s the highest priced TE on DK and by a good margin. He’s typically a safe play if you’re willing to pay up for him.
- Delanie Walker (7x) – 9% / 9% – Be sure to check the injury scratches on Walker. Found the endzone last week.
- No Players
- Jesse James (4x) – 6% / 6% – He’s on the all-name team for sure. Doesn’t see a ton of targets so heavily reliant on scoring touchdowns.
- Eric Ebron (4x) – 6% / 6% – Check the injuries on Ebron too. Topped the 50 yard mark last week.
- Miami Dolphins (12x) – 28% / 20% – They are glad to not see the Pats this week. Should be a good week to play them against the Browns and Barkley.
- Seattle Seahawks (8x) – 16% / 16% – Always a good play. The highest priced defense on the board.
- Dallas Cowboys (6x) – 14% / 14% – The Cowboys?! Really?! The Bears are pitiful and proved that on Monday night so the ‘Boys are safe to roll out there.
- No players
Hope that you find the right combination to cash! Follow me on twitter @mbutlerok.