Welcome to the Week 7 Industry Expert Consensus list. This should be another interesting week with three games featuring a Vegas total over 50 points and a lot of injuries opening up value options especially at running back. Be sure to keep on top of news and injury updates leading up to lineup lock as final inactives could play a big role in lineup construction.
Don’t forget to sign up for our Premium Content so you can get all that we have to offer here at DailyOverlay.
As a reminder, the number in the parenthesis is the number of experts that chose that player so you have more context regarding the gaps between players and the tiers. Percentages represent projected Cash and GPP ownership percentages for this week.
- Matt Ryan (9x) – 11% Cash / 10% GPP – Will face a Chargers defense that has allowed the 9th most fantasy points to QBs in game with the highest Vegas total of the week.
- Andy Dalton (7x) – 6% / 8% – Only has 6 TD passes through six games but will face the lowly Browns defense at home as a big favorite, will he pass enough if they get a big lead early.
- Marcus Mariota (7x) – 6% / 8% – Has thrown 3 TD passes in each of his last two games and gets a favorable matchup with the Colts who have allowed 2 TD passes in each of their last three games.
- Tom Brady (6x) – 5% / 7% – Averaging 391 passing yards and 3 TD in his first two games.
- Philip Rivers (6x) – 5%/ 7% – Road underdog in the game with the highest Vegas total, look for Rivers to pass early and often.
- Blake Bortles (6x) – 5% / 7% – Faces a Raiders defense that has allowed big games to quality QBs this season (Brees/Ryan/Rivers), the question is “is Bortles a quality QB?”
- Kirk Cousins (6x) – 5% / 7% – Has been fairly consistent this season but still waiting for a breakout game which could come this week against the Lions who have allowed the most fantasy points to QBs this season.
- Jameis Winston (5x) – 4% / 6% – Only has 1 TD pass over his last two games but will face a 49ers defense that has allowed 2 TD passes per game this season.
- Alex Smith (4x) – 3% / 5% – Didn’t live up to high recommendation last week but has a chance to redeem himself in another juicy matchup at home against the Saints.
- Tyrod Taylor (3x) – 3% / 4% – Might be without Robert Woods and LeSean McCoy this week which could hurt his value.
- Colin Kaepernick (3x) – 3% / 4% – Inexpensive option that has a solid floor due to his rushing ability and faces a Bucs team that has allowed an average of 271 passing yards per game this season.
- DeMarco Murray (15x) – 63% / 35% – Faces a Colts defense that just gave up 178 total yards and 2 TD to Lamar Miller last week.
- Jacquizz Rodgers (13x) – 57% / 26% – With Doug Martin out, Rodgers had 35 touches in the Bucs last game, he should see a heavy workload with Martin out again in a good matchup against a 49ers defense that has allowed over 148 rushing yards per game to opposing
- Devonta Freeman (8x) – 20% / 14% – Has at least 15 touches in each game this season and will face the Chargers poor rush defense as a home favorite in a game with the highest Vegas total.
- Le’Veon Bell (5x) – 6% / 8% – Could see an increased volume of touches with Landry Jones at QB. Touched the ball on almost 40% of the plays in Jones’ only full game last season.
- David Johnson (5x) – 6% / 8% – Has 323 total yards and 5 TD in his last two games but has a tougher matchup this week against the Seahawks but he will continue to be the focal point of the Cardinals offense.
- Spencer Ware (5x) – 6% / 8% – Out touched Jamaal Charles 26 to 11 last week and Charles listed as questionable for this week against a Saints defense that has allowed the most fantasy points per game to opposing RB this season.
- James White (5x) – 6% / 8% – White has been more involved since Brady returned including 2 TD receptions last week.
- Mike Gillislee (5x) – 6% / 8% – His popularity and ownership could jump up if McCoy is ruled out this week as a cheap RB option who will get a lot of touches.
- Mike Davis (4x) – 5% / 7% – Expected to be the primary back for the 49ers with Carlos Hyde ruled out. Limited upside but should get most of the RB work at a cheap price.
- LeSean McCoy (3x) – 4% / 5% – Might not play this Sunday due to a hamstring injury and will be a big risk even if he is active.
- Melvin Gordon (3x) – 4% / 5% – Last week was the first game this season where Gordon didn’t score a TD, he will look to get back in the end zone against the Falcons who have allowed 7 TD to opposing RB in six games.
- Matt Jones (3x) – 4% / 5% – Has at least 16 touches in each of the last four weeks but will face a Lions defense that has not allowed a RB to score a rushing TD this season.
- Mike Evans (11x) – 38% / 20% – Could see an increase to his already high target count with the loss of Vincent Jackson and faces a 49ers team that has allowed 10 TD to opposing WR through six games this season.
- Julio Jones (11x) – 38% / 20% – Only had double-digit targets one time this season but his big play potential in the game with a high Vegas total makes him worth considering even with a high price tag.
- AJ Green (9x) – 20% / 14% – Has at least eight targets in every game this season and should be able to take advantage of a weak Browns pass defense.
- Tyrell Williams (8x) – 14% / 13% – Good option to get exposure to the Chargers passing game at a reasonable price with big upside.
- Allen Robinson (6x) – 11% / 11% – Hasn’t topped 75 yards yet this season despite being targeted just under 10 times per game but faces Raiders defense that has allowed the most fantasy points to opposing WR this season.
- Amari Cooper (5x) – 10% / 10% – Back-to-back games with over 125 receiving yards but only 1 TD on the season.
- Jeremy Maclin (5x) – 10% / 10% – If he can’t get it going against the Saints this week, he may never be worth rostering again.
- Brandon Marshall (5x) – 10% / 10% – How much will the move at QB to Geno Smith hurt or help Marshall, worth a GPP flier to find out.
- Adam Humphries (4x) – 6% / 8% – Cheap option in a favorable matchup who should see an increased role with Vincent Jackson out
- TY Hilton (4x) – 6% / 8% – Has been consistently targeted about 10-11 times per game which should continue with the depleted Colts receiving corp.
- Allen Hurns (4x) – 6% / 8% – Had 11 targets last week, good contrarian pivot away from teammate Robinson in GPPs
- Michael Thomas (3x) – 5% / 7% – Targets dipped down to five last week but he made the most of them including scoring for the third straight game.
- Kendall Wright (3x) – 5% / 7% – Saw a season-high nine targets last week for 133 yards and a score as he looks to regain the production he demonstrated back in 2013 when he had 94 receptions.
- Mohamed Sanu (3x) – 5% / 7% – Production has been limited this season but could be a good contrarian play to get a piece of the Falcons offense.
- Mike Wallace (3x) – 5% / 7% – Faces a Jets defense that has been burnt by long pass plays all season
- DeSean Jackson (3x) – 5% / 7% – The first of three Redskins receivers on the list, Jackson has the most “big play” ability best suited for a GPP lineup.
- Jamison Crowder (3x) – 5% / 7% – Only has a total of 10 targets over his last three games but with Jordan Reed out he is used more often in the red zone as shown by his TD last week.
- Pierre Garcon (3x) – 5% / 7% – Lead the Redskins in targets last week with 11 and should get high volume again with Reed out in a favorable matchup with the Lions.
- Hunter Henry (9x) – 11% / 11% – Has topped 60 yards and scored in each of the last three games and faces a Falcons defense that has allowed the second-most points to opposing TE this season.
- Cameron Brate (9x) – 11% / 11% – Cheap TE option who could get additional targets with the Vincent Jackson injury.
- Jack Doyle (7x) – 9% / 9% – Cheap TE option, who should see a lot of snaps and increased targets this week with Dwayne Allen out.
- Travis Kelce (5x) – 6% / 7% – Didn’t live up to the hype last week with only three targets but will get another favorable matchup this week against the Saints.
- Delanie Walker (5x) – 6% / 7% – Another TE who didn’t live up to his high recommendation last week who is in a good spot again this week against the Colts defense.
- Rob Gronkowski (5x) – 6% / 7% – Gronk is back with two straight games with 100+ yards receiving with Brady at QB.
- Gary Barnidge (3x) – 4% / 5% – Best receiving option on the field for the Browns if Terrelle Pryor is unable to play this week, could see an increase in targets.
- New England Patriots (9x) – 19% / 10% – Reasonably priced facing the Steelers without Ben Roethlisberger.
- Tennessee Titans (7x) – 13% / 9% – Has six sacks in each of the last two games facing the Colts who have allowed the most sacks this season.
- Baltimore Ravens (7x) – 13% / 9% – Reasonably priced facing the Jets with Geno Smith making his first start of the season.
- Cincinnati Bengals (4x) – 7% / 7% – Facing the Browns as a big home favorite.
- Minnesota Vikings (4x) – 7% / 7% – Averaging almost 4 sacks and over 2 turnovers per game this season.
Hope that you find the right combination to cash!