Do you have those players that never seem to work out for you no matter when you use them?
Of course, if you made sure you put them in a DFS lineup every time they played they would pay off eventually.
The same goes for those guys that always seem to help you reap the rewards.
In the NBA, I have added a new person to my short list of “guys I really, really want to completely omit from my lineups forever.”
Here’s that list as it stands, plus my latest addition.
- Thaddeus Young – Never hit on this guy. Not in Philly, and not in Brooklyn (there’s more from the Nets)
- Victor Oladipo – No Fournier, no matter, Dipo found a way to scorn me again last night.
- Rodney Stuckey – Goes off for 40 one night with a ton of minutes, then plays 6 minutes the following outing.
- MONTA ELLIS – This list is in no particular order, but if I were to rank them, Monta would be at the top, and would never leave.
- John Wall – A top talent that seems to fall well short of paying off his price tag when I decide to roster him.
- Newly Added — Brook Lopez – BroLo is no dough for me these days.
As I’ve mentioned, the reverse is true as well…
- Russell Westbrook – “Bodie,” as I like to call him, never fails me…ever.
- Damian Lillard – Consistently pays dividends in my lineup. Becoming a new favorite of mine.
- DeMarcus Cousins – I mine for gold each night I use “Boogie.”
- Paul George – PG-13 usually turns Rated R with the bloodshed he spills on my opponents.
- J.J. Barea – The “Mexican Jumping Bean” as the fake Bob Ortegel once called him, is always one of my favorite players to use when the opportunity presents itself.
- Kawhi Leonard – Doesn’t ever Kawhi Me a River.
I hope I do not have to add anyone else tonight to the first list.
Oh, and here the Expert Consensus for today’s slate.
Tonight features a large slate of games with lots of big names to choose from, so let’s get after it!
Entrant – Stephen – FanDuel
Cash Game Lineup
Cash Game Narrative – I know in cash games you are not supposed to roll the dice in cash games, but tonight I am doing it to save salary. Last time Sacremento took the court, I did not roll with Casspi for a possibly injured Rudy Gay, but he was questionable then. Tonight he’s listed as doubtful, so for me, he’s more likely not to play and Casspi will fill the role. I am ok with that at $4,700.
GPP Narrative – Enes Envy is not someone I usually feel comfortable with, but the Clippers are one of the worst rebounding teams in the league without Blake Griffin and Kanter has 40-point upside at times, so here’s that dice roll again. Also needed to punt SG, so enter Lance Stephenson. Good luck!
Entrant – Brad – DraftKings
Cash Game Lineup
GPP Narrative – My off the board plays for tonight are Jerryd Bayless (I am assuming that Michael Carter-Williams misses the game again tonight) and Jerami Grant who will get another start for the Sixers with Jahlil Okafor out again.