And we’re back!
The final stretch of the NBA regular season kicks in gear tonight after a healthy break from NBA DFS (yes there were games yesterday, but only 3).
About a month ago, we started an experiment to use our Expert Consensus article to use it as a tool in hopes of being profitable.
Leading up to the ASB, our results were anything but positive, myself included. Brad, Matt and myself switched from DraftKings to FanDuel to see if that helped, maybe a slight improvement, but nothing significant.
We decided during the break that we needed to change things again. and modify our original rules in hopes of better performance.
So here’s the rules all three of us will follow, hopefully we won’t have to go back to the drawing board again.
- We will make two separate lineups, one for cash games, one for GPPs rather than 1 lineup for both.
- For cash games, we will be able to use all Consensus players listed and only players from the list.
- For GPPs, we are allowed to go off the Consensus board for up to 2 players.
- Any late-breaking scratches are allowed to be modified at our own discretion (i.e. if LeBron is a Consensus pick but is scratched, then Kevin Love and/or Kyrie Irving are viable options if they are not already a Consensus play.
- Brad and Matt will continue creating DraftKings lineups and I will continue with FanDuel.
With that said, let’s start off these new changes with a slam dunk shall we.
Now the lineups…
Entrant – Matt – DraftKings
Cash Game Lineup
Off the board – I love the matchup that Gobert has against Boston tonight. I’ll take him all-day, everyday at that price point in a game like tonight. With Kawhi Leonard out again tonight and on the 2nd night of a back-to-back against a crappy Lakers squad, I suspect that Pop will rely on some young legs and Anderson fits that bill.
Entrant – Stephen – FanDuel
Cash Game Lineup
Stephen’s Cash Game Narrative – With our adjusted rules, I did play the injury card for tonight in my cash game lineup by playing Kyle Anderson for the injured Kawhi Leonard. At the minimum price in what should be a blowout, I think he’s a great value.
Stephen’s GPP Narrative – I went off the board for two guys – Gobert and Rose. Think they go overlooked with all the big boys out there tonight. I wanted exposure to Curry since I had Westbrook in my cash game. Rose is still cheap in what should be a close game at home against the Raptors.