Nine games on Friday including four with a Vegas spread under 4 points. All but two games feature an O/U of 200+ points. The real anomaly is the Spurs/Jazz game which is at 184. We get another stud (or former stud) facing former team when the Knicks travel to Chicago signaling the return to the Windy City of Derrick Rose and Joakim Noah. A fairly short list of guys in the Highly Touted and Recommended category but there are some solid value plays for you to save some salary.
NOTE: Starting next week the NBA Industry Expert Consensus articles released on Wednesdays and Fridays will become part of the Premium package. Be sure to sign up so you don’t miss out on the great content.
The numbers in the parenthesis are the number of experts that picked that player to give you more context as to the gaps between players and the tiers.
- Anthony Davis (12x) – If you’re going to pay up for someone, it might as well be him. Coming off a stinker of a game on Wednesday so should bounce back in a big way.
- JJ Barea (9x) – If Deron Williams is out, Barea is the play of the night. Even if Williams suits up, Jose Juan is a solid value play.
- Sean Kilpatrick (9x) – The Cincinnati product is in a zone. Still value priced. Had a double-double in his last outing of 24 points and 10 rebounds.
- Kevin Durant (8x) – He had a huge night against his former mates on Thursday. Posting 30.6ppg and 8.6rpg so far this year.
- Hassan Whiteside (8x) – Another double-double on Tuesday. He’s pretty much a guarantee for one every time he suits up.
- John Wall (7x) – Wall has a double-double in all three outings so far. Posting 22.3ppg and 11.3apg.
- DeMar DeRozan (7x) – DeRozan is leading the league in scoring. Has hit the 40-point mark twice in four games and is posting 36.3ppg.
- Nicolas Batum (7x) – Batum is playing 30+ minutes each night. He has three straight double-digit scoring efforts including 20 in his last game.
- Paul Millsap (7x) – He’s as consistent as it comes for the most part. Only has one double-double in four games. Averaging 17ppg and 8rpg.
- TJ Warren (6x) – I loved this guy in college! He’s rounding into a nice NBA player who is posting 22.4ppg and 6.2rpg through five starts.
- Marcin Gortat (6x) – Gortat is always a nice value play in my book. Posting some nice round numbers of 11ppg and 11rpg so far.
- Marc Gasol (6x) – Gasol is coming off a 3-18 effort on Wednesday against the Pelicans. He gets a chance to bounce back tonight against the Clips.
- Otto Porter (5x) – Porter was on the Consensus a lot last year. He’s having a solid start to 2016 with 15.3ppg and 7.7rpg in three games.
- Tim Frazier (5x) – Price is starting to catch up with production. He threw out a complete dud on Wednesday night. Still averaging 13ppg and 7.8apg even after the debacle earlier this week.
- Patty Mills (5x) – When Mills gets minutes, he produces. Has a couple of 18-point games so far this year. Would love to see him improve his assist numbers though.
- Klay Thompson (5x) – Thompson had struggled mightily until getting somewhat back on track last night. He hit 4 of 8 three-point attempts on Thursday night after going 0-13 in the previous two games.
- Derrick Rose (5x) – Rose returns to the United Center on Friday night. He’s posting decent numbers in his first season as a Knick with 16.3ppg and 4rpg.
- Draymond Green (5x) – If he produced as much as he jacked his jaw, he’d be the best player of all time. He hasn’t hit double-digits in scoring since the opener though he has double-digit rebounds in four of five games.
- Devin Booker (4x)
- Wesley Matthews (4x)
- Tyson Chandler (4x)
- Eric Bledsoe (4x)
- Harrison Barnes (4x)
- Justise Winslow (4x)
- Taj Gibson (4x)
- Damian Lillard (4x)
- Trevor Booker (4x)
- Alex Len (3x)
- Dwight Howard (3x)
- Mason Plumlee (3x)
- Kawhi Leonard (3x)
- Kristaps Porzingis (3x)
- Cody Zeller (3x)
- Bradley Beal (3x)
- Isaiah Whitehead (3x)
- Markieff Morris (3x)
Best of luck tonight! Get that cash! Follow me on Twitter @mbutlerok.