A long list of players for today’s Consensus article. I don’t know that we’ve ever seen five players in our Highly Touted category. Can you squeeze all five guys into a lineup? I’m certainly going to try.
The numbers in the parenthesis are the number of experts that picked that player to give you more context as to the gaps between players and the tiers.
- Mario Chalmers (10x) – I haven’t seen Mike Conley’s status for tonight but if he’s out then Chalmers will play big minutes. In Conley’s absence on Wednesday, Chalmers posted 23 points, 9 assists and 8 rebounds.
- Victor Oladipo (8x) – Oladipo has averaged 19ppg, 6rpg and 4apg over his last two.
- Kyrie Irving (8x) – Kyrie has played tremendous since his return from injury. In the last two games, Irving has put up 28.5ppg, 5.5apg and 5.5rpg.
- Brook Lopez (8x) – He’s been a beast lately! In the last five games, he’s averaging 24.6ppg and 11.6rpg.
- Paul George (7x) – Prior to Wednesday night’s 20 point output, George had topped the 30-point mark in three consecutive games.
- Anthony Davis (5x) – A double-double in four of his last five…is that a surprise?
- Tristan Thompson (5x) – Has a double-double in three of his last five and continues to see his minutes increase.
- Michael Carter-Williams (5x) – MCW has found a bit of a groove recently. He’s averaged 18ppg and 9apg in his last two outings.
- Zaza Pachulia (5x) – Zaza is having a revitalization right before our eyes. He’s averaging 10.7ppg and 10.7rpg this season. He sat out Wednesday’s game to rest so he should have fresh legs.
- Devin Booker (4x) – Booker is putting up 15ppg in his last four.
- Tony Allen (4x) – Just thinking of Tony Allen makes me remember the good ol’ days of Oklahoma State basketball. Love Tony…not crazy about playing him in the DFS format though.
- Damian Lillard (4x) – Since coming back from injury, Lillard has put up 18.5ppg, 8apg and 5rpg in two outings.
- Danilo Gallinari (3x) – He’s averaging 24.3ppg over his last three.
- Jabari Parker (3x) – 12.8ppg and 6rpg over the last four games.
- Kyle Lowry (3x) – I feel like he’s undervalued most nights in DFS. Prior to Wednesday, Lowry had put up three straight double-doubles.
- Matt Barnes (3x) – He’s a decent value play on most nights.
- Marc Gasol (3x) – Two consecutive bad outings from the Spainard. I’m betting he bounces back on Friday.
- Mirza Teletovic (3x) – Teletovic’s minutes have been all over the place this season; however, he’s seen an uptick over the last four games. In those games, he’s putting up 15.8ppg.
- Nikola Vucevic (3x) – For a seven-footer, this guy can’t rebound at all. That being said, he’s put up 16.5ppg over his last two.
- Otto Porter (3x) – Porter has struggled his last couple of times out.
- Thaddeus Young (3x) – A double-double in two of his last three games.
- Chris Bosh (3x) – Bosh is averaging 24ppg over his last five contests.
- Klay Thompson (3x) – Thompson struggled mightily early on this season. Boy, has he found a groove the last month or so. He’s putting up 32.5ppg over the last four games.
- Draymond Green (3x) – Prior to Tuesday’s game against the Lakers, Draymond had THREE STRAIGHT TRIPLE-DOUBLES!!!
- T.J. Warren (3x) – I loved watching Warren in his NC State days. He, along with many other Suns players, have yet to see consistency with their minutes.
Good luck everyone and catch us next Monday for the next edition of Expert Consensus.
Follow me on Twitter @mbutlerok.