Tonight’s 8-game slate should be an interesting one. Five of the eight games feature a team as a favorite by double-digits and all but one game has a Vegas total of 206 points or higher. The games that feature a high total and lower point spread are the Clippers/Hawks and Thunder/T’Wolves games. DFS players might want to look to roster more players from those teams to help ensure their players are playing into the fourth quarter tonight.
Be sure to check back about a half hour before tipoff for our “NBA Consensus Lineup Construction” article for some sample FanDuel and DraftKing lineups to consider for tonight.
The numbers in the parenthesis are the number of experts that picked that player to give you more context as to the gaps between players and the tiers. Here are the Industry Consensus picks for tonight…
- Archie Goodwin (7) – Has scored 20+ points in 3 straight games and salary hasn’t caught up with his production yet
- Ersan Ilyasova (6) – Solid production at a reasonable price with a favorable matchup against the Sixers tonight
- Kawhi Leonard (6) – Look for Leonard and the Spurs to bounce back from their blowout loss to the Warriors at home tonight against the Rockets weak defense
- Paul Millsap (6) – Consistent fantasy producer playing a game with the closest Vegas line of the night
- Russell Westbrook (5) – Triple-double threat every night but playing in a back-to-back coming off a double-overtime game
- Nerlens Noel (5) – Has had increased production when Jahlil Okafor is out, which he will be tonight
- Chris Paul (5) – Has increased production with Blake Griffin out and playing in one of the few games Vegas expects to be close tonight
- Kevin Durant (5) – Coming off a 44-point 14 rebound game but playing in a back-to-back coming off a double-overtime game
- Stephen Curry (5) – Might not play in the 4th quarter again tonight but it might not matter
- Alex Len (4) – Has seen increased playing time with Jon Leuer out, averaging 12.8 points and 11 rebounds over his last 4 games, cheap option
- Rudy Gobert (4) – Coming off a game with 17 points and 17 rebounds and has a favorable matchup against the Hornets tonight
- Gordon Hayward (4) – Consistent production, averaging 26.5 points, 7.0 assists and 4.3 rebounds over his last 4 games
- Spencer Hawes (4) – Averaging 32+ minutes, 12 points and 9 rebounds over last 3 games with Cody Zeller out, cheap option
- Andre Drummond (4) – Has seen reduced minutes the last 2 games, only averaging 5.5 points and 7.0 rebounds per game
- DeAndre Jordan (4) – Will continue to see Increased production with Blake Griffin out, averaging 14 points and 14 rebounds per game over his last 13 games
- Trey Burke (4) – Could be a low owned bounce back candidate after scoring zero points in his last game, cheap option
- LaMarcus Aldridge (4) – Has struggled recently and dealt with some back spasms but should bounce back tonight against the Rockets
- Devin Booker (4) – Continues to see big minutes with 36+ in 4 straight games, cheaper option
- Chandler Parsons (3) – He has been hot lately averaging 24.0 points, 6.6 rebounds, and 3.0 assists over his last 5 games
- Kemba Walker (3) – Averaging 44+ minutes, 30.0 points, 7.3 assists and 5.7 rebounds over his last 3 games but game should be at a slower pace tonight against the Jazz
- Karl-Anthony Towns (3) – Double-double machine averaging 21.8 points and 12.5 rebounds over his last 4 games
- Isaiah Thomas (3) – Has scored 19+ points in 10 straight games and plays in one of the highest Vegas totals of the night
- Marcus Smart (3) – Has upside in good matchups which he has tonight against the Nuggets
- Jeremy Lin (3) – Watch the injury report for Jeremy Lamb and Nicolas Batum, if both are out then Lin will see big minutes and be a good option again tonight
- Jared Sullinger (3) – Very inconsistent production, more of a GPP play
- Ish Smith (3) – Continues to produce most nights, scores 20 points with 9 assists last night
- Avery Bradley (3) – Averaging 15.8 points over his last 5 games
- Andrew Wiggins (3) – He will score points but he needs to contribute in other categories to have a big game
Hope you find the right combination to cash!
Check back again on Friday for the next edition of the NBA Industry Consensus picks.