After a small slate last night we have a nice big 11-game night of NBA action tonight. Look at the Vegas lines there should be some good close games tonight with only one team (Cleveland) favored by more than 10 points and six games with a Vegas total over 200. Is it just me or have there been a lot of multiple overtime games recently? Maybe we will have some more tonight.
Be sure to check back about a half hour before tipoff for our “NBA Consensus Lineup Construction” article for some sample FanDuel and DraftKings lineups to consider for tonight.
The numbers in the parenthesis are the number of experts that picked that player to give you more context as to the gaps between players and the tiers. Here are the Industry Consensus picks for tonight…
- Ish Smith (9) – His price is on the rise but he has taken 20+ shots in 4 of his last 5 games and is coming off a game with a 16-7-16 stat line.
- DeMarcus Cousins (9) – Top high-priced stud tonight playing in a high Vegas total game against the Lakers and has had at least 19 points and 10 rebounds in each of his last 7 games
- Tobias Harris (6) – Has been inconsistent recently but faces Sixers team that struggles to defend small forwards
- Jimmy Butler (5) – Should play big minutes tonight and will need to score tonight to keep up with Warriors
- Lou Williams (5) – Has scored 18 to 21 points in each of his last 5 games, reasonably priced
- Nikola Vucevic (5) – Provides solid, consistent production at the center position
- Paul Millsap (5) – Fills the stat sheet every night providing a high floor with some upside
- Rudy Gay (5) – Could see an increase in production with a favorable matchup against the Lakers tonight
- Russell Westbrook (4) – Puts up elite fantasy production every night
- Evan Fournier (4) – Expected to see an increase in minutes and production with Victor Oladipo out
- Avery Bradley (4) – Coming off a strong performance with 19 points, 8 rebounds, and 5 assists
- Kevin Durant (4) – Adding rebounds to his elite scoring the last few games averaging 26 points and almost 10 rebounds over his last 4 games
- Rajon Rondo (4) – Faces the Lakers in a high Vegas total, he could hand out 20 dimes tonight
- Ersan Ilyasova (4) – Coming off a double-double, averaging 15.3 points and 9.3 rebounds in his last 3 games
- Marcus Morris (3) – Playing almost 40 minutes a night averaging 15.3 points and 6.0 rebounds over his last 3 games
- Pau Gasol (3) – Playing increased minutes with Joakim Noah out and will need to put up some big numbers tonight to keep pace with the Warriors
- Elfrid Payton (3) – Played 27 minutes with 16 points and 5 assists on Monday with Oladipo out
- Deron Williams (3) – Has been inconsistent recently but coming off a 20-point game on Monday
- Aaron Gordon (3) – Might be in the starting lineup tonight and see an increase in minutes, watch for starting lineup, cheap option
- Draymond Green (3) – Should be well rested with a game off and reduced minutes recently, could play big minutes tonight in what is expected to be a close game at Chicago
- Julius Randle (3) – Should start tonight with Larry Nance out, coming off a double-double
- Robert Covington (3) – Should see big minutes again tonight with Nik Stauskas out, averaging 17.3 points and 5.0 rebounds over his last 3 games
- Carmelo Anthony (3) – Scored 19 points with 7 rebounds and 7 assists in 2OT game on Monday
- Dwight Howard (3) – Coming off a huge game with 36 points and 25 rebounds he has been a monster this month averaging 19.4 points and 14.8 rebounds per game
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (3) – He has played well this season, but is still not consistent every night
Hope you find the right combination to cash!
Check back again on Friday for the next edition of the NBA Industry Consensus picks.
Follow me on Twitter @RotoPilot