Tonight’s NBA slate features 10 games, which has led to a wide variety of selections from the experts. While there are a few selections that have bubbled to the top tonight, the Suggested section is full of options from expensive studs to bargain plays.
Be sure to check back about a half hour before tipoff for our new “NBA Consensus Lineup Construction” article for some sample FanDuel and DraftKing lineups to consider for tonight.
The numbers in the parenthesis are the number of experts that picked that player to give you more context as to the gaps between players and the tiers. Here are the Industry Consensus picks for tonight…
- DeMarcus Cousins (8) – Red-hot averaging 32.4 points and 13.0 rebounds over his last 5 games and facing a Pelicans team that might be without Anthony Davis
- Kristaps Porzingis (7) – Put up a big game last night with 26 points and 6 rebounds, could have an increase in shots tonight if Carmelo Anthony is out
- Tyreke Evans (6) – Faces former team and will see an increase in usage if Anthony Davis is out
- Rajon Rondo (5) – Has double-digit assists in 5 straight games and playing in game with highest Vegas total
- Chris Bosh (5) – Averaging 11.5 rebounds in last 2 games Hassan Whiteside has missed, Whiteside is a game-time decision tonight
- Damian Lillard (5) – Averaging 35.5 points and 9.5 assists over his last 2 games
- Khris Middleton (5) – Has had an increase in minutes and production this month
- Andrew Wiggins (4) – Averaging 26 points and 4.7 rebounds over his last 3 games
- Nicolas Batum (4) – Tonight will be his 2nd game back since his toe injury, played 38 minutes in his first game back, he could fly under the radar tonight
- Drew Gooden (4) – Played 27 minutes on Monday with Marcin Gortat out, Gortat out again tonight, cheap option
- Ryan Anderson (4) – Has averaged 42+ minutes per game over the last 2 games with Anthony Davis out, will log big minutes again tonight if Anthony Davis is out
- Danilo Gallinari (4) – Averaging 25.8 points and 6.4 rebounds over last 5 games
- Russell Westbrook (3) – Averaging almost a triple-double over his last 3 games (27.6/9.3/11.0), but could sit in 4th quarter with Mavericks resting their starters
- Aaron Afflalo (3) – Could see an increase in shots if Carmelo Anthony is out
- Otto Porter (3) – Averaging 15.3 points per game over his last 3 games
- Stephen Curry (3) – High Vegas total, Draymond Green out, Nuggets could keep game close
- Isaiah Thomas (3) – Scored 34 and 35 points in his last 2 games
- James Harden (3) – Capable of putting up a 40+ point night at any time
- Paul George (3) – Consistently fills up the stat sheet every night
- Paul Millsap (3) – Puts up about 18 points and 8 rebounds every night
- Greg Monroe (3) – Has 19 double-doubles in 38 games this season
- Klay Thompson (3) – Could see even more shots with Draymond Green out tonight
- Al Horford (3) – Coming off a season-high 33 points in his last game
- Dwyane Wade (3) – Had 20 points and 11 assists in his last game and could have more of the offense run through him with Goran Dragic out tonight
- Shabazz Muhammad (3) – Has scored at least 20 points in 3 of his last 5 games, cheaper option
- Marreese Speights (3) – Could see an increase in minutes with Draymond Green out, cheap option
Hope you find the right combination to cash!
Check back again on Friday for the next edition of the NBA Industry Consensus picks.