Tonight we have a stacked Highly Touted category. We don’t typically get eight players in that top-tier…but tonight we do. Only five games on the schedule with all featuring an O/U of 200+ points. Four of the five have spreads of less that 5.5 points so it should be a fun, competitive night in the NBA.
The numbers in the parenthesis are the number of experts that picked that player to give you more context as to the gaps between players and the tiers.
- Nikola Vucevic (8x) – Four straight double-doubles in which he’s averaged 22ppg and 12.8rpg.
- Jrue Holiday (7x) – He is probably one of my favorite plays in DFS. Consistently sees mid-30’s in minutes regardless of whether he starts or not. Averaging 23ppg and 9apg in the last five.
- Victor Oladipo (7x) – One of my favorite guys to play (Holiday) is followed by one of my least favorite (Oladipo). 15.2ppg, 6.6rpg and 4.6apg in the last five outings.
- DeMarcus Cousins (7x) – Went for 37-20 his last time out. Conveniently, the Kings last game was against their opponent tonight, the Nuggets.
- Danilo Gallinari (7x) – Doesn’t provide much outside of the points category. He gets double-digit field goal attempts nightly though so he always has the potential for a big scoring upside.
- Gordon Hayward (7x) – Hayward is a model of consistency. Should get plenty of opportunities against a fast-paced Rockets team.
- Anthony Davis (7x) – Sheesh! Davis had a DFS performance for the ages on Sunday. 59 points and 20 rebounds earns you instant Hall of Fame status in DFS circles.
- Derrick Favors (7x) – Favors is averaging 22.5ppg and 9rpg in the last two games.
- Evan Fournier (5x) – 19.4ppg in the last five and that includes a clunker.
- Thaddeus Young (5x) – His scoring has been a bit down over the last three games but still putting up solid rebounding numbers.
- Gary Harris (5x) – Averaging 14ppg over the last four.
- Brandon Jennings (5x) – I love this guy! Fills it up and has no conscience whatsoever. Since his trade to Orlando, he’s posting 15ppg, 5.5apg and 3.5rpg.
- Aaron Gordon (5x) – Five straight double-digit rebounding games.
- Rajon Rondo (5x) – He should play but keep an eye on his injury status for tonight. 14.8ppg, 14apg and 6.4rpg over the last five.
- Emmanuel Mudiay (4x) – He has alternated good and bad games of late which means tonight should be a bad one.
- CJ McCollum (4x) – 26ppg and 5apg since the All Star break.
- Brook Lopez (4x) – In the last ten, Lopez in posting 23.7ppg and 7.7rpg.
- Maurice Harkless (4x) – Mo has seen a big increase in minutes over the last few weeks. That has translated to 14.4ppg and 7.2rpg in the last five outings.
- Rodney Hood (4x) – Has found a groove. Similar to Hayward above, Hood should have plenty of opportunities in a fast-paced game this evening.
- Marcin Gortat (4x) – Gortat is averaging a double-double over the last ten games with 15ppg and 10.3rpg.
- Rudy Gay (3x) – 23ppg over the last two.
- John Wall (3x) – 21.2ppg and 10.1apg over the last ten.
- Damian Lillard (3x) – Wow! His game against Golden State the other night was unbelievable!
- Jared Dudley (3x) – 13ppg, 5.5rpg and 3apg over the last two.
Good luck everyone and catch us tomorrow for the next edition of Expert Consensus.
Follow me on Twitter @mbutlerok.