We have a nice nine game slate of NBA action to kick off the week tonight. The slate includes a matchup between the Wizards and Thunder that has a Vegas total of 221 points. Also, most games are projected to remain close as only one game has a double-digit spread (Spurs favored by 16 over the Magic), so we could be in for another high-scoring DFS night.
Be sure to check back about a half hour before tipoff for our “NBA Consensus Lineup Construction” article for some sample FanDuel and DraftKing lineups to consider for tonight.
The numbers in the parenthesis are the number of experts that picked that player to give you more context as to the gaps between players and the tiers. Here are the Industry Consensus picks for tonight…
- Kevin Durant (8) – He has been rolling lately averaging 34.0 points and 11.3 rebounds over his last 4 games and gets a favorable matchup against the Wizards in a game with a high Vegas total
- Myles Turner (8) – His price tag has been on the rise but he is averaging 18.0 points and 6.6 rebounds over his last 7 games
- Khris Middleton (8) – Only scored 9 points in his last game, but he had been playing well before that and gets an up-tempo game against the Kings tonight
- Anthony Davis (7) – Seems like he leaves games with an injury every other week, as long as he is on the court he will be productive
- Russell Westbrook (6) – You almost have to expect him to put up a triple-double tonight given the opponent and Vegas total
- Kyle Lowry (6) – Plays big minutes every night and has a favorable matchup against the Nuggets tonight
- Nikola Jokic (6) – Playing well averaging 15.5 points and 10.5 rebounds over his last 2 games, cheaper option
- DeMar DeRozan (5) – Capable of scoring over 30 points any night which he has done 8 times this season
- Jeff Teague (5) – Involved in a lot of trade rumors lately but continues to put up solid fantasy numbers
- Kevin Love (4) – Love has stepped up his production over the last 3 games averaging 23.7 points and 9.3 rebounds
- Kyrie Irving (4) – Averaging 24.5 points and 4.0 assists over his last 2 games, reasonably priced
- Stanley Johnson (4) – Cheap option who has averaged 15.0 points, 7 rebounds, and 3.0 assists over his last 3 games
- Jabari Parker (4) – Averaging 35+ minutes over his last 5 games and will see an increase in pace against the Kings tonight
- Andre Drummond (4) – After a couple down games, Drummond has bounce-back to average 18.7 points and 12.7 rebounds over his last 3 games
- Derrick Favors (4) – Minutes have increased back up to 35 in his last game after missing a month, reasonably priced
- Rudy Gay (4) – Should see an increase in scoring with DeMarcus Cousins out tonight
- Wayne Ellington (3) – Has scored in double-figures 2 straight games, cheap option
- Aaron Gordon (3) – Coming off his best game of the season with 19 points and 14 rebounds, still reasonably priced
- Jeff Green (3) – On a roll averaging 26.6 points and 5.0 rebounds over his last 3 games and has a solid matchup against the Pelicans tonight
- Marc Gasol (3) – Battling through a sore knee but is expected to play tonight in a good matchup
- Gary Harris (3) – Should see 30+ minutes again tonight with Jameer Nelson expected to be out
- Brook Lopez (3) – Has scored 28+ points in 3 of his last 4 games
- Dion Waiters (3) – Starting with Andre Roberson out, averaging 15.3 points over his last 3 games, cheap option
- Cory Joseph (3) – Solid production over his last 4 games, but only averaging 24.8 minutes, cheap option
- LeBron James (3) – Could be a good pivot away from Kevin Durant in GPPs
Hope you find the right combination to cash!
Check back again tomorrow for the next edition of the NBA Industry Consensus picks.