We are back in the full swing of things tonight as we have a massive fourteen game slate. It is needed after the snoozer of a trade deadline that we had yesterday. With so many options, there are endless lineup possibilities out there. We are going to make some slight adjustments in our Consensus Lineup Construction so keep an eye out for Stephen’s article this evening detailing those changes.
The numbers in the parenthesis are the number of experts that picked that player to give you more context as to the gaps between players and the tiers.
- Emmanuel Mudiay (7x) – In six February games, Mudiay is posting 11.8ppg and 7apg.
- Zach Randolph (7x) – Averaging 18.6ppg in the last five with two double-doubles during that stretch.
- James Harden (7x) – If the Rockets, who are currently sitting outside the playoffs, want to salvage their season, they will need some big production from Harden. I suspect that will begin this evening.
- DeMarcus Cousins (7x) – The Kings are a mess and so is Cousins. However, the big man averaged a double-double prior to the break with 26.8ppg and 11.1rpg.
- Damian Lillard (6x) – Lillard averaged 32ppg and 7apg in the two games prior to the break.
- Anthony Davis (6x) – There hasn’t been a bigger disappointment in the NBA than the Pelicans and part of that is due to Davis being injured frequently.
- Danilo Gallinari (6x) – Gallinari is putting up 23ppg in the last five.
- Nicolas Batum (5x) – He almost posted back-to-back triple-doubles prior to the break. Batum is posting 17.4ppg, 8.2rpg and 6.8apg in the last five.
- PJ Tucker (5x) – My statement on the Pelicans above was incorrect. The biggest disappointment has been the Suns. When PJ Tucker is playing almost 40 minutes/game, you know you’re in trouble.
- Russell Westbrook (5x) – Coming off his second straight ASG MVP, Russell will look to take that momentum into tonight. For the season, he’s posting 24.1ppg, 10apg and 7.6rpg.
- Carmelo Anthony (5x) – Averaging a double-double over the last ten games.
- Amar’e Stoudemire (5x) – With Bosh unavailable and Whiteside suspended, Amar’e is a solid play tonight.
- Reggie Jackson (4x) – Jackson is averaging 20ppg over the last ten outings.
- Stephen Curry (4x) – He’s phenomenal! The Warriors will make a push to 73 wins and Curry’s 32.8ppg over the last five will help that cause.
- Jeremy Lin (4x) – Lin posted 12.2ppg, 3.3rpg and 3.3apg in the first half of the year.
- Gary Harris (4x) – Harris is on-again, off-again. He averaged 14ppg in the two games prior to the break.
- Mirza Teletovic (4x) – Posted 15.3ppg in the four games prior to the ASG.
- Alex Len (4x) – Len figures to see a solid increase in minutes and production after Markieff Morris was shipped to Washington.
- Devin Booker (4x) – Booker is averaging 16.6ppg in the last ten.
- Jrue Holiday (4x) – Holiday was great leading up to the ASG. He posted 20.4ppg, 7.4apg and 4.2rpg in the last five.
- Jahlil Okafor (4x) – Two double-doubles in the last three games. Averaged 20.7ppg and 12rpg during that stretch.
- Ish Smith (4x) – Has posted 12.5ppg, 6.8apg and 5rpg in four February games.
- Thaddeus Young (3x)
- Andre Drummond (3x)
- Kyle Lowry (3x)
- Tony Parker (3x)
- Will Barton (3x)
- Derrick Favors (3x)
- Aaron Gordon (3x)
- Gorgui Dieng (3x)
- Matt Barnes (3x)
Good luck everyone and catch us next Monday for the next edition of Expert Consensus.
Follow me on Twitter @mbutlerok.