A bit of a light slate for a Friday night in the NBA. Last night featured more Thursday night games then I’ve ever seen so that could be the reason why. Only six games on the docket for this evening. Greg Monroe makes his return to Detroit. The Rockets make the trip up I-45 to take on the Mavs and the battle for NYC takes place in the Garden tonight.
The numbers in the parenthesis are the number of experts that picked that player to give you more context as to the gaps between players and the tiers.
- John Wall (8x) – Wall has put together outstanding back-to-back games. He is averaging 34.5ppg and 10.5apg over those two.
- James Harden (6x) – Harden is still struggling from the field. One week ago tonight, he put up 50 on the lowly Sixers.
- Lebron James (6x) – The model of consistency. He is averaging 25ppg and 11.7rpg over his last three.
- Alex Len (6x) – If Tyson Chandler is still out, Len will get big minutes. I’m not 100% sold on those minutes transitioning into big DFS output though.
- Jeff Teague (6x) – Teague has been a bit inconsistent. Nonetheless, he’s averaging 16.7ppg and 6.4apg on the year.
- Clint Capela (6x) – A solid option for the price. If given minutes, he can put up a double-double consistently.
- Bradley Beal (5x) – Beal struggled on Wednesday against the Lakers. Prior to that, he was averaging 17.8ppg over his last four.
- Marcus Morris (5x) – Morris went for 24-14 against his former Suns mates on Wednesday.
- Jared Dudley (5x) – He is averaging 31 minutes per game over the last four.
- Kristaps Porzingis (5x) – Porzingis has a double-double in his last two and three of his last five.
- Jon Leuer (5x) – The Wisconsin product played 39 minutes on Wednesday and scored 20 points.
- Andre Drummond (5x) – He is an absolute animal. He’s finally averaging more points than rebounds. He is averaging 22ppg and 14.3rpg over his last three.
- Paul Millsap (5x) – Millsap has a double-double in three of his last five.
- Eric Bledsoe (4x) – Bledsoe is having a great season. He’s putting up 22.2ppg and 6.4apg on the year.
- Wesley Matthews (4x) – He seems to have found his role in Dallas and the Achilles isn’t bothering him too much judging by his minutes.
- Anthony Davis (4x) – The Pelicans stink but Davis sure doesn’t. He’s put up a double-double in four of the last five.
- Kobe Bryant (4x) – He’s going to shoot the ball a ton. Unfortunately, he’s shooting 31% on the season.
- Julius Randle (4x) – Randle has been great with three straight double-doubles.
- Tyreke Evans (3x) – He is playing his third game since coming back off injury.
- Mirza Teletovic (3x) – He is averaging 16.7ppg over the last three outings.
- Carmelo Anthony (3x) – Melo has been sick and so have his numbers over the last few games.
- Terrence Jones (3x) – Jones hasn’t proven to get consistent minutes and that makes him a tough play in my book.
- Reggie Jackson (3x) – He has averaged 32.5ppg and 12apg over the last two.
- Thabo Sefolosha (3x) – He rebounds and gets some assists and steals; however, he doesn’t score…like ever…ever.
Good luck everyone and catch us Tuesday for the next edition of Expert Consensus.