Only four games on this Tuesday night. That means a higher concentration of players in the Highly Touted category due to a watered down slate. With that said, I’m a bit surprised that we didn’t have more players in the bottom two categories. Of the four games, only one Vegas total is over 200 so points will be at a premium.
The numbers in the parenthesis are the number of experts that picked that player to give you more context as to the gaps between players and the tiers.
- Jameer Nelson (7x) – As Nelson’s minutes have increased, so have his numbers (duh!). Over the last five games, he’s averaged 17.5ppg and 6apg.
- Will Barton (7x) – Barton put up 32 points, 10 boards and 6 assists on Sunday against the Pelicans.
- James Johnson (7x) – His neck tattoo is scary! He’s played 32mpg over the last two and that has translated to 13.5ppg.
- Matt Barnes (7x) – His ownership is going to be through the roof tonight and rightfully so. He’s playing big minutes and fills so many stat categories other than points.
- Marc Gasol (7x) – Outside of a dud last Wednesday, Gasol has been posting big numbers. He has 19-12-6 his last time out.
- Kenneth Faried (6x) – Faried is still a rebounding machine. He’s put up three double-doubles in his last five games.
- Kyle Lowry (6x) – Lowry has averaged 18ppg over his last five outings.
- Chris Bosh (6x) – Bosh is putting up 17.5ppg and 8.1rpg this season.
- Andre Drummond (6x) – He has a double-double in four of his last five (surprise, surprise). On Friday against the Bulls, Drummond put up 33 points and 21 rebounds.
- DeMar DeRozan (5x) – DeMar is putting up 26.8ppg and 5.6rpg over his last five games.
- Mike Conley (4x) – A solid line of 20 points, 8 assists, four rebounds and four steals in his last game.
- Kobe Bryant (4x) – Bryant sat out the Lakers’ game in OKC on Saturday. Be sure to check his injury status prior to inserting him in your lineup.
- Hassan Whiteside (4x) – If Whiteside could reach double digits in points, he’d have a double-double every game. He has averaged 12.2rpg in his last five.
- Lou Williams (4x) – Another reason to keep your eye on Kobe’s injury status. If Kobe doesn’t play, Williams becomes almost a must-own.
- Chandler Parsons (4x) – His minutes have been increased steadily over the last couple of weeks. He put up 16 points, 7 boards and 6 assists his last time out.
- Goran Dragic (3x) – Dragic is questionable for tonight’s game. Be sure to check his status prior to playing him.
- Danilo Gallinari (3x) – Same as Kobe and Dragic. Gallinari left the Nuggs game on Sunday with an ankle injury. His status for tonight is up in the air.
- Bismack Biyombo (3x) – Biyombo reminds me of one of my favorite Major League quotes (“You may run like Mays but you hit like sh*t”). Biyombo may rebound but he can’t score a lick.
- Ersan Ilyasova (3x) – After a horrible start to his tenure in Detroit, he has bounced back nicely. Take out his dud last Monday and he’s averaged 16ppg over his last four.
Good luck everyone and catch us tomorrow for the next edition of Expert Consensus.
Follow me on Twitter @mbutlerok.