Only four games on this Tuesday night. There are several high-priced options in the Highly Touted category, which is a bit unusual. Typically, we find the very high priced guys in the lower categories.
The numbers in the parenthesis are the number of experts that picked that player to give you more context as to the gaps between players and the tiers.
- Greg Monroe (9x) – Four double-doubles in his last five games, including 28-11 his last time out.
- DeMarcus Cousins (8x) – Cousins, who has three straight double-doubles, is now averaging 25.2ppg and 10.6rpg on the season.
- Darren Collison (8x) – Rostering Collison makes me throw up a bit in my mouth. A shoot first PG that does not offer much outside of scoring.
- James Harden (7x) – Harden has averaged 32ppg over his last three. Rumors out of Houston say that Dwight Howard is unhappy taking a backseat to Harden (surprise, surprise). Let’s keep an eye on if that has any effect on the number of shots moving forward.
- Lebron James (7x) – Lebron definitely seems to have lost a half-step this season; however, he’s still the best all-around player in the game. He has averaged 31.7ppg in his last three starts.
- Jameer Nelson (6x) – My feelings on Nelson are about the same as Collison. Nelson has seen his minutes jump to 37.5 over the last two games, which has led to an average of 15ppg and 7apg.
- Isaiah Thomas (6x) – Thomas has a pretty good shot to lead all PG in points tonight. On the year, he’s putting up 20.8ppg and 6.7apg.
- Kevin Love (6x) – Love has alternated good games over the last five….and he’s due for one of the good outing tonight.
- Danilo Gallinari (5x) – Danilo has put up 19.2ppg and 6rpg over his last five outings.
- Karl-Anthony Towns (5x) – Towns got into foul trouble early in his last game. In the four games prior to that, he averaged 21.3ppg.
- Will Barton (5x) – Barton continues to stuff the stat sheet. He has topped 31 minutes in each of the last five games. During that stretch, he’s averaging 19.4ppg and 7rpg.
- OJ Mayo (4x) – Good ol’ Orange Juice Mayonnaise. I laugh everytime I say that…sorry! Mayo’s minutes have continued to creep up and, outside of a dud last Friday, he’s put up solid numbers.
- Kevin Martin (4x) – Martin is putting up 26ppg over his last three including a 37 point effort last Wednesday. He offers nothing outside of the points category though.
- Kenneth Faried (4x) – Faried is finally healthy. He has his numbers on the season up to 12.1ppg and 9rpg.
- Omri Casspi (4x) – Is Casspi undervalued? One could say so. He has averaged 14ppg and 6.3rpg over his last four. He provides decent numbers at a discounted rate.
- Giannis Antetokounmpo (4x) – The Greek Freak went for a triple-double in Saturday’s defeat of the Warriors. He’s the ultimate stuff the stat sheet guy.
- Rudy Gay (3x) – Prior to his down game on Thursday, Gay had been averaging 19.2ppg and 6.2rpg over his previous five.
- Jabari Parker (3x) – Between Parker, Middleton and that Greek guy, it’s hard to see how Jason Kidd finds enough minutes to play all of them. Jabari has put up 13.6ppg and 6.2rpg over his last five.
- Gary Harris (3x) – Another guy that has little to offer outside the points category. Since coming back from a concussion, he has put up games of 21 and 12 points. Roster at your own risk.
- Kelly Olynyk (3x) – I ran into this guy in the airport in Salt Lake City a couple years ago. Nice guy. He likes to shoot the ball a lot! Before his dud on Saturday, he had averaged 21.3ppg over his previous three games.
Good luck everyone and catch us tomorrow for the next edition of Expert Consensus.
Follow me on Twitter @mbutlerok.