Our first installment of our Nascar DFS Picks for DraftKings. Please let us know if you like the article so we can determine whether we want to continue it throughout the season. This week we gathered picks from nine (9) experts from around the industry.
The numbers in the parenthesis are the number of experts that picked that player to give you more context as to the gaps between players and the tiers.
- Dale Earnhardt, Jr. (7x) – Most predictable driver on this crazy and unpredictable track. – Cash game must
- Denny Hamlin (6x) – Finished 6th or better in four starts at Daytona track over the past two years and a bargain salary
- Austin Dillon (5x) – Low price and part of the Childress Racing team which has been very good in restrictor plate races, has finished in top 15 in all starts at Daytona.
- Jimmie Johnson (4x) – Top 5 finish in the last 6 Daytona races, since 2013 has led more laps at Daytona than any other driver
- Brad Keselowski (3x) – Restrictor plate specialist
- Clint Bowyer (3x) – 8 top 10 finishes in the last 10 restrictor plate races. Would likely rank higher but has changed owners to HScott Motorsports
- Matt Kenseth (3x) – Daytona veteran, with two wins. Great history, but recent results haven’t been there.
- Casey Mears (3x) – averaged finish 11th or better in 5 straight starts on the track
- Joey Logano (3x) – Defending champion
- Brian Vickers (2x) – Sleeper
- Greg Biffle (2x) – Four straight Daytona 500 top 10 finishes
- Kurt Busch (2x) – Solid driver with solid results with an upswing in restrictor plate racing finishes and 6th or better finishes in 3 of last 4 years at Daytona.
- Kyle Busch (2x) – Ranks 2nd in laps led and first in driver rating at Daytona since 2012
Good luck everyone!