March 20th Auto Club 400 – Consensus picks
This week we gathered picks from twelve (12) experts from around the industry. Some are pay picks, some are freely available and we consolidate them into our consensus picks.
The numbers in the parenthesis are the number of experts that picked that player to give you more context as to the gaps between players and the tiers. Interestingly, just like last week when Harvick was the only consensus driver among our top 3 experts…this week that honor goes to Jimmie Johnson. Let’s dee if the trend continues and Johnson is the top point getter.
- Jimmie Johnson (11x) – has run great in every race and in front of the hometown California crowd.
- Kyle Busch (8x) – Four top 5 finishes in a row on this track!
- Kurt Busch (8x) – great start in 2016 and has an average finish just over 7th at this track the last 5 years with a win
- Austin Dillon (6x) -Every race in 2016 he has been in top 11.
- Brian Vickers (6x) – Racing well and super value.
- Kevin Harvick (5x) – I’m actually suprised more experts aren’t on him, but probably thinking a team mate wins.
- Paul Menard (5x) – 3 races in a row on this track int he top 10
- Danica Patrick (5x) – lots of love from the experts again this week
- Ryan Blaney (4x)
- Dale Earnhardt, Jr (3x)
Good luck everyone!