Nascar – April 2nd STP 500 – Consensus picks
This week we gathered picks from twelve (12) experts from around the industry. Some are pay picks, some are freely available and we consolidate them into our consensus picks.
The numbers in the parenthesis are the number of experts that picked that player to give you more context as to the gaps between players and the tiers.
Our top consensus play has been on fire and has been a MUST for any lineup. This week, same as the last race, Jimmie Johnson was picked by 10 of 12 experts and all of our top 5 experts!
- Jimmie Johnson (10x) – 2 wins out of last 4 and a 3rd place. Starting in the back so don’t expect a win, but should finish with a big place differential
- Joey Logano (9x) – Pole Position on short track and finished 3rd last year with the pole. Good chance to win it!
- Denny Hamlin (7x) – Won the event last Spring. Running hot this year, Starting position will have him in place for the win.
- Brian Vickers (6x) – Racing well and super value. Hoping for a top 15 finish with this pick.
- Austin Dillon (6x) – Has a Top 20 finish in 3 of 4 races at Martinsville and 50% of the time on short tracks. GPP play
- Kevin Harvick (5x) – May not win the race but he has been putting up fantastic DK numbers and that should continue this week
- Dale Earnhardt, Jr (4x) – 3rd highest driver rating at Martinsville and Top 5 finish in 3 of last 4.
- A.J. Allmendinger (4x) – 11th or better in 5 of last 7 races at Martinsville
- Jamie McMurray (3x)
- Chase Elliott (3x)
- Ryan Newman (3x)
- Carl Edwards (3x)
- Aric Almirola (3x)
Good luck everyone!